Bezzle Interview!

By Brandan on 9/01/2009 10:45:00 AM

Filed Under: ,



Excite Magazine spoke with up&coming rapper Bezzle. Bezzle is a Charleston, South Carolina native and speaks on his upcoming mixtape "Hustlerz Commitment", his hard-knock life, and much more! Read on to learn more about this dedicated, focused, rising talent.



EM: For those who don't know, what is the meaning behind your name Bezzle?




Bezzle: Well we know that the term Bezel is the part of a watch which holds the stone and I feel like im the person in my circle of peers that hold err thing together and I treat my team as if they where diamonds to me so thats why i call myself BEZZLE I just spelled it different same meaning tho!




EM: How will you seperate yourself from other rappers in the game to stand out?






Bezzle:My music speaks for it self I dont have to seperate myself from other rappers in da game cuz im already different my sound my style my swag my drive err thing 100 percent different...






EM: Who are your biggest musical influences?





Bezzle: Honestly Jim Jones and a rapper from my city by the name of Pachino Dino...





EM: Explain what we can expect from your new mixtape coming out?






Bezzle: I dont want u to expect anything...because if I tell u what to expect and it dont live up to what I say your gonna be disappointed...so I jus want people to check out the mixtape and take it for what it is either u goin love it or u gonna hate it....and if u hate it nigga go kill ya self (laugh)






EM: You and your older brother were raised by a single mother. How important is your family to you? Are they very supportive in your music?






Bezzle: My family cool we all split up at this point we not really one of dem close knit families like you see on TV or in da movies but my family is very important to me and for the most part they are all supportive they just wanna see me do something with my life they dont care what it is...






EM: You were in the group Young en Ballen Mafia, you all disbanded for having disputes with each other. Even though it didn't work out, do you keep in contact with any of the members today?





Bezzle: It was more den music with dem niggaz they like my brothers so we all still kick it heavy! Shoutouts to Doe Boy, Rell, Timmy, my whole S.A.G family!







EM: You sold weed and carried a pistol to school, now that you're entering the industry have your days of carrying a pistol and selling drugs over?






Bezzle: Haha...I dont sell drugs no more of course...but tool on deck err where I go! Ill leave it up to you niggaz to find out if Im bullshittin...






EM: What advise would you give to young males that listen to your music that wants to make it out of an eviornment that you come from?






Bezzle: Two things study your craft...become the best at what ever u wanna do I dont care what it iz den do it and neva eva eva eva give up!






EM: Some people have said you're a mix between Plies & 2pac, how do you feel about that comparison?






Bezzle: Haha...I never heard that one yet...All I can say about that is those are not bad artist to be compared to if ya ask me! I dont mind that!






EM: I read that you're writing movie scripts and writing r&b songs. Can you give more information about that?


Bezzle: Jus like it sound im a gifted person I really can write in any genre of music to be honest and when I was 12 years old I wrote a movie like on some hood shit tho but I wrote it we even filmed it...it came out crazy wish I still had a copy of that shit!


EM: How many tattoos do you have, and what do they mean?






Bezzle: I got 8 right now...Im looking to get 42 more!





EM: Most people come out hard and have a strong fan base, then lose it. How will you try to not only keep your fans...but gain new ones?





Bezzle: Making good music and not bein involved in no fraudulent shit like most these rappers!





EM: Record sales have dramatically declined, why do you think that is?





Bezzle: Simple...the internet and nowadays these artist make bullshit music not all but the majority of them terrible...





EM: Is there any other aspects of entertainment you want to try out, like acting etc.?





Bezzle: Nope err rapper wanna be an actor now...I would do it if the check got enough zeros but I ain really wit all that, id rather write the movie!





EM: Everybody wants to know are you single, or dating someone?




Bezzle: Single...but not for to much longer im looking for a wife! Im about to break the tradition of the fuck err gurl in the world rapper im not that type of dude no more...





EM: What do you look for in someone relationship wise?




Bezzle: Jus a down ass female that supports anything I do and gets her own money plus wanna do something with her life instead of freeload off me...


EM: What's the name of your new mixtape, and where can someone get it if they would like to purchase it?




Bezzle: 'Hustlerz Commitment' , and it will be in local record shops and online Spetember 22nd...








EM: At the end of the day what is the message you want to send out with your music?





Bezzle: My stories and my life jus how I view the world and let people know that dreams do come true but u gotta make them come true!






EM: Let's do this or that, I will give you two options and you have to choose one answer.



EM:Jay-Z or Nas?




Bezzle: Nas




EM: Yellow Redbones or Darkskinned?





Bezzle: Both yall not gonna get me on no Yung Berg shit...haha






EM: Success or fame?





Bezzle: Success





EM: Love or money?





Bezzle: Money








EM: Ciara or Beyonce?





Bezzle: Beyonce





Bezzle: One more thing shoutouts to everybody playing a part in dis Karolina Movement from the DJs like Chuck T, B Lord, Cleve, Kub, Dirty the list goes on rappers like Pachino Dino, Marly Mar, Mista Taylor, Lil Brod, Boss G, Lil Ru, Team IRAC, Snook to name a few all my producers promoters club owners everybody I got love lets keep working lets keep grinding lets make it happen Carolina We Got Now! and shoutout to my dawg Troy over and Sixteen Seventy Clothing Company...1 BEZZLE




(Here's some extra facts for you to get to know some extra things about Bezzle)





His Favorite Color? Green





Favorite Movie? Boyz In Da Hood




Favorite Song? Its My Time Rick Ross Featuring Lyfe Jennings




Favorite place to stay? Charleston, South Carolina





For additional info & to hear some of his music visit here

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment