New Video: Mary J. Blige-The One

By Brandan on 8/29/2009 04:45:00 PM

Filed Under: , ,

"The One" is the first single from Mary's upcoming ninth studio album "Stronger" which will come out in U.S. on November 24. Featuring today's music trend Auto-Tune, this track comes from the production hands of powerhouse producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins. Explaining the usage of Auto-Tune in the song, Mary said during an interview on Angie Martinez's radio show, "It was for effect. I wanted 'Crazy Mary' to get her shine on. She couldn't get her shine with my regular voice. I used the effect. I used it as a telephone effect or reverb."

I like the video, and for some reason she's reminding me of Mystique from X-Men...but this is a nice jam and I'm sure Mary will do her thing when she drops!

2 comments for this post

BlackNLatin

I really like the video!, it kinda making me love the song.

Posted on Saturday, August 29, 2009  
Brandan

yeah...she has a nice video for a change!

Posted on Saturday, August 29, 2009  

Post a Comment