Interview: Dre P!

By Brandan on 12/04/2009 12:00:00 PM

Filed Under: , , , ,

Excite Magazine spoke with Reality Tv star & rising rapper Dre P. of VH1's Tool Academy 2. In the interview, Dre talked about his run on the show, his relationship with ex-girlfriend Leah, the rumored relationship w/ Real Chance of Love's Hot Wings, music, & more!
Interview by: Brandan
EM: How are you doing?
Dre P: Pretty good man, how are you?
EM: I'm good.
Dre P: I'm sorry I had you on hold...had to get off the phone with my moms. They do all the talking (laughs).
EM: Right (laughs). So tell me, how did you become a part of Tool Academy?
Dre P: Well I got involved in it because of my ex. She signed me up for an energy drink tour and you were suppose to show how much of a party guy you are. So we sent in a video, I didn't find out it was for Tool Academy til I got there.
EM: Wow. So I watched the show, and I thought for sure you were gonna win because it seemed like you really wanted to change. Do you think Leah ruined your chances when you guys were sent home?
Dre P: I totally agree. She slightly turned into a tool. She snapped! After seven episodes, an alliance was formed with all the girls going against her. I really think it got the best of her, being away from her daughter, broke-ready to go home.
EM: Do you guys get paid for being on the show?
Dre P: No, just exposure(laughs) no pay.
EM: Will there be a reunion show?
Dre P: No reunion show, but I would like to thank the executive Sally Ann-she's a cool lady. Maybe my own show? I'm ready to get it 51minds, whatever they want me to do. G's to Gents whatever.
EM: How is your relationship with Leah now?
Dre P: We've had our ups & downs, but she was my real girl. I loved her! Things may not work as a couple, but we're not together. She's in Ohio & I'm in Cali.
EM: Word is you're with Hot Wings(Real Chance of Love), how did you guys meet?
Dre P: We're not talking. She's a very cool girl...not my type personality wise. If that what media wants then that's what they'll get.
EM: I read her interview about Chance & how he wanted her to bend him over and do him on the booty.(laughs) Is this true?
Dre P: (laughs) You never know. When a dude cuts a chick, she can say anything to gain exposure.
EM: I saw how you were going in on him on Twitter. How do you feel about his music?
Dre P: You can check out my response on YouTube(laughs). It's not REAL Hip-Hop. It has nothing to do w/ Hot Wings. This is my profession! I've been going hard on music, I had a quarter-mill plays(Myspace) before this! It's not Hip-Hop. If he can make it then I know I can be something.
EM: Alot of people don't know this but you're a rapper, are you working on an album?
Dre P: Yeah. My first solidify single will be exposed to the world. I am working with Trackzillas for beats, who have worked with successful artist like Rihanna.
EM: That's great! I heard "Rockin' on my Rocker" is that the first single?
Dre P: It's like a buzz single. Tell you what, I have material. But it's all about the proper promotion! I moved after the show in September. People might say I went ''Hollywood'', but I'm from Ohio. I'm still me. Not many people came up out of the O and made it.
EM: Yeah, Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony came from Ohio, do you look up to them in any way?
Dre P: Yes. They're the only cats from the O that put a stamp on the game. I don't want to look or sound like them...but I'm inspired by their grind and music!
EM: Is there a label you would like to sign with?
Dre P: Def Jam. I could have an impact and longjevity.
EM: So what is Fly Guy Entertainment?
Dre P: Me and my boy are partners and came up with this brand. We have a group Fly Guys coming soon! We want to make an impact nationwide. I don't want to claim them as MY GROUP...it's a team effort. You know I'm young, active, & attractive, that's what I live by. Don't limit yourself, go for your heart desires. I moved from Toledo to Cali by myself with no friends or family.
EM: Is there anything you would like to say to your fans?
Dre P: Don't get caught in what you read or see.
EM: Thaks for doing the interview, and good luck with everything you have going on.
Dre P: Thanks man, and you too.
Dre P is a cool dude, and I can really see him being a hot commodity in the Hip-Hop world, as well as tv. He wanted me to quote his saying and I think it's a great one to live by especially for us young men out here;
"Fly life is in you-only be top-notch...businessman prepared"
For more info on Dre P, contact him via Twitter & MySpace

3 comments for this post

j

nice interview

Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009  

Is This Trackzilla the one who sings the "You Got Me"?..I was searching google and it brought me to this?

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2010  
Anonymous

wack

Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2013  

Post a Comment