Music News: Solange Dropped From Record Label!

By Brandan on 11/01/2009 01:18:00 PM

Filed Under: ,



According to reports, Solange was dropped from her label Interscope/Geffen Records. The singer confirmed the label change on her twitter saying, “Although it’s been a wonderful journey & experience at Interscope Records, after truly recognizing what’s important to ME as an artist, I decided it was time for me to continue my path on a more independent platform. I’m excited about continuing to dive in, experiment and creating music and art with no boundaries, fears or expectations.”



Earlier this year, BV Buzz announced Solange’s label drop and were scolded for allegedly fabricating the story. Solange’s father Matthew Knowles went as far as releasing a statement on the matter denying that the drop had occurred.



Though Solange says that she wasn’t dropped from the label but that she decided to leave, many are crediting the low sales of her album Sol-Angel and The Hadley St. Dreams for the labels decision to release her from her contract.



In an interview with Honey Magazine, Solange spoke about the work she is completing for her new album. A release date for Solange’s new project has not yet been announced. [Source]




I have to say I'm not surprised by the drop, she sold 114,ooo copies. She said that she got to do what she wanted with this last album, now she's saying she will have control the next album? Solange get it together & stop lying to your fans. Now I liked all her 3 singles so don't think I'm being bogus cause I like Solange. She had hell of promotion so you can't blame the label, I remember her being on tv, overseas, and nice play on Mtv. I just don't think being in the front of the camera is for her. She looks, and sounds like Beyonce(at times) and she will always be compared to her older sis. I think she should just write songs for other artists & call it a day. Let's see who will pick her up and if she will bring heat with her new album. What you think?

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment