Mo'Nique On Rumors Of Her Diva Attitude!

By Brandan on 11/16/2009 11:00:00 AM

Filed Under: , ,

Mo'Nique spoke with Moviefone about her role in Precious, and the rumors about her having a diva attitude and not attending movie premieres. Read some excerpts below!

Are you game for the whole campaigning process that the Oscar race sometimes demands?


Well, honestly, I think that the Academy has been given a bad rap. I really do. Because when people say, "It's political," well, I'm not a politician. I really think that the Academy has been given a bad rap. They're humans beings too, and they want to judge the performance. I can't imagine them judging anything else. What else would you be judging? Do you know?



It's unfortunate, but there are obviously politics involved in the Oscars. Otherwise there wouldn't be all the campaigning and marketing. I'll say this, I'm very comfortable with what I did on that screen. And I really believe that the Academy are human beings that say, "We're going to judge the performance, because that's what we give this academy for, the performance." That's what I believe.



There's been a lot written in the media about you missing a couple movie premieres and not doing enough to promote the film. Do you think that coverage has been fair?


Well, who's saying that? Because no one can tell me who, Kevin, do you know who they are [laughs]? Because I want to meet them! Who are "they"? Baby, people gonna talk. It comes with the territory. But didn't they talk about Jesus? Then they killed him. So, what makes me think I'm so special that they're not gonna talk about me?


What would you say to the people spreading those reports?


I would ask them, did they see this show? And, I don't know, maybe they haven't, because this may not be the show you go on when you want to promote something, but it's called 'The Oprah Winfrey Show.' I don't know, Kevin, I'm not sure. And then I would say, there's another show that's an institution, it's been around for so long and it's called 'The Today Show.' I did that show, too. Then I did this amazing show with my Italian sister Rachael Ray. Then I did The New York Times, which is supposed to be the biggest print organization in the world. So, what I would say to whoever "they" are is, stop reporting the wrong thing, it's unfair to the readers.


You can read the full interview here where Mo' talks about her new talk show on BET, taking on such a dramatic role from comedy, working with the cast & more!

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment