Usher's Ex-Wife Steals Book Concept?

By Brandan on 8/21/2009 03:43:00 PM

Filed Under: , , ,


Tameka Foster(Usher's ex-wife) is being accused of plagiarizing the essay that she wrote for the Huffington Post, She’s Pretty for a Dark-Skinned Girl. The author, Aisha Curry, of the book Pretty for a Black Girl says that Usher’s ex-gold digger is not original with her work.

"It was my work! It was my work, my voice, but in her words. I was frozen. Tears began rolling down my face as I read line after line after line. I couldn’t believe it. The idea that someone could gain notoriety from an issue that I first brought to the forefront is mind boggling. People were praising her for tackling an issue that had never been exposed. Hello?!? I wrote the book on it and started it years ago. The only difference between her article and my book is she used ‘dark-skinned’ and I used ‘Black. I cannot and will not say she stole my idea because you never should assume. However, I will say that it seemed like one heck of a coincidence, and everything I touched on, she did.” said Aisha Curry.

Tameka’s publicist sent BV Buzz an inflammatory statement, reading: “Tameka has never even heard of the book you referenced nor does she believe you even deserve a response.”



What do you think, did Tameka follow in the footsteps of Steve Harvey and steal the idea? I've left links to the books.

Tameka's Book vs. Aisha's Book

1 comments for this post

Brandan

lmao

Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009  

Post a Comment