Tynisha Keli: RnB's Newest Starlet

By Shakeitta on 11/30/2007 06:02:00 AM

Filed Under: , , , ,


Tynisha Keli is the future of our young positive images in media today! She's an artist who stays true to her character and isn't some packaged deal that's thrown onto our TV sets. Her voice is strong, her dancing is off the chain, and her charisma is out of this world! You couldn't ask for more when it comes to an artist. Tynisha spoke with Excite about her troubled past life in poverty, and news on her upcoming self-titled debut album.

Interview by: Brandan Daniels


Excite Magazine: I read that you came from a very poverty stricken home. Can you give a little insight on how it was growing up?

Tynisha Keli: Well, in a nutshell my mother didn't have it easy being a single mother with 4 children. Even though she did the best she could to provide for us she somehow always found herself struggling to the point where we ( my brothers, sister and I) were crying ourselves to sleep from hunger pains.

EM:
It seems that you're very determined to accomplish your dreams.(You went to LA at the age of 14 with no family or friends) and pursued your singing career.How was it being so young and doing something so bold?

TK: It's funny cause I just said to a friend the other day, I can't believe how long I've been in LA for! Frankly, It was rough for a long time because I was a young girl with no family around or friends so i just had to make BIG choices without a second and third opinion. I won't front and say I've never thought about throwing in the towel but I ultimately knew it was what I wanted more than anything! Nothing in this world makes me happier than music, a beautiful melody or clever lyric is all it takes to make one of the worse days of my life turn right around. When you love something that much how do you just walk away from that?


EM: Have you had contact with your family since leaving for LA?

TK: Of COURSE!! I go home as often as possible! I'm actually home now doing this interview for you. It's like I never left whenever I come back!

EM: Your first single "I wish you loved Me" ft. Sammie is a great duet, how did the pairing of you two come about?

TK: The duet with Sammie came about because we had "I wish you loved me" out for some time at that point and I thought how can I make this song new without making a new song? Just do a duet. I thought about who it would be for a good week straight when my manager called me and said check your email there is a surprise waiting for you... and it was the one and only Sammie sangin his booty off (laughs)!!

EM: When will the video be debuting in the U.S? Will Sammie also play your love interest in the video?

TK: I'm assuming we are shooting the video after the new year, I'm not sure who'll be my love interest, You'll just have to see who my love interest will be hahaha!

EM: The name of your album is "Even if it takes Forever"; what made you choose this as the title?

TK: That title was brought up in previous interviews but I decided not to. It's currently self titled. If any changes occur on the title everyone will hear it straight from me I promise.


EM: When will the album come out in stores? What producers and other features will you have on the album?

TK: March '08 we're looking at for a release of the album. There aren't really any collaborations aside from Sammie only because it was important for me to release a freshman album representing myself, FULLY exposed! I thought it would be too confusing!


EM: Your musical influences include Faith Evans, Brandy, Whitney Houston, New Edition, & Mary J. Blige. How have these different artist influenced your music?

TK: I can't begin to tell you how much credit I owe to those artists!! They have all been a major part of my soul.

EM: How is your love life....are you single?(If so would you care to be taken out on a date with a
young-ambitious-and sexy guy like myself?... laughs)

TK: Yes, I'm very single! And if you want to, give it a shot.

EM: I know you recently had a contest for fans to demand you in their city to perform. Your stops will be ranging from LA-Chicago(my city). What type of show can the people expect from you? Where can we go to find out exactly where you will be at here in Chicago and your other stops for your tour?

TK: You can definitely expect my undivided attention! If you aren't bouncin from the music or screaming cause the amount of energy I'm exuding just to be on that stage for the fans or crying from a line I sang with so much emotion you get goose bumps.... then I'm not doing my job correctly as an entertainer. I don't want to reveal too much so I'll leave it at that and see those that voted very soon! All of the Venues will be posted as soon as they are booked... I definitely can't wait to get to Chicago... it's one of my favorite cities!! And I have massive supporters there as well!

EM: What advise do you have for young women and girls who want to get into this industry?

TK: If it's not something you feel in the pit of your soul and worth losing everything that means something to you for it then don't even attempt... you'll get chewed up and spit out! If it is then by all means go for the one thing that causes your motivation to keep keepin on!

EM: Thanks again for doing this interview Tynisha and good luck in your career. Work Hard!

TK: ... Thanks again babe!! Take care.

For more information on Tynisha Keliand her music make sure to visit her Myspace page
www.myspace.com/tynishakeli and buy her debut album when it drops in March of 2008!

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment