Irv Gotti: Back on Top

By Shakeitta on 10/17/2007 10:42:00 PM

Filed Under: , , ,



Irv Gotti is the CEO of Murder/The Inc. Records. He's been through a lot of drama these past few years... money laundering charges, a bad divorce, and the fall of his music empire. It seemed as if this man was on top of the world all before this...and fell right to the pits! Now Irv is slowly climbing up back to his throne. Irv sat with Excite talking about his new tv show, his so called feud with Ashanti.

Interview by: Brandan Daniels

EM: Hey Gotti, let's talk about this drama with Ashanti & Nelly that's been going on. What happened with how tight you guys were at first?

Irv: Well, you sometimes think people you're close to will be with you no matter what happens and when it comes to her.....she's just not the supportive ridah I grew to know.

EM: Well it couldn't have been something that happened out of the blue, what does this stem from?

Irv: When I was in court dealing with the money-laundering charges, she really wasn't there for me.

EM: Really? Now correct me if Im wrong, but I've seen plenty of photos of Ashanti & her mother Tina with you while you guys were entering and leaving the court room. Am I right?

EM: Yeah they were there, but it's not just about showing up to me!

EM: I do know that you have some sort of beef with Nelly, who Ashanti happens to be dating since 2003. Is this why you're lashing out on her?

Irv: I'm not lashing out on anyone, I treat Ashanti with respect!

EM: So how do you explain the recent Wendy Williams interview. You were asked if you had sexual relations with Ashanti...and your responce was & qoute " (Laughs)...You know what, let's make Nelly mad....yeah (laughs)."

Irv: I did say that, but........you know what next question.



EM: So explain why Ashanti's new album is being pushed back, is it more because you have nothing to do with the project and that her and Nelly are the executive producers this time around? Or is it really taking that long for her to release?

Irv: Naw, naw, naw. She's coming out December for sure. I don't care what she does and makes her music with. As long as she makes me money!

EM: So tell me about your reality tv show coming out soon.

Irv: Yeah, it will be airing on Vh1 October 15th after I Love New York 2. It's called Gotti's Way.

EM: So what will the audience be viewing?

Irv: It will just be about me as a businessman, father, and things of that nature.

EM: We know that The Inc. has gone for some major changes over the years...as far as the roster. Who's new on the label?

Irv: Yeah Murder Inc. is on its grind right now. Vanessa Carlton is new to the label, I signed her a while back and she will be dropping this fall, Ashly Joi is a new artist who Im working with. Llyod is doing great, Ja is dropping soon. Just so many good things coming out of the label.

EM: So do you see yourself returning to the top of the throne?

Irv: I never left(laughs).

[Catch Irv Gotti's new show on Vh1 on Mondays]

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment